Below is the list of Windward’s fully supported data source connections:
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS Dynamics via OData
- Sharepoint via OData
- Any type of SQL database (using ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, OleDB, etc.)
- Access (ODBC) (Not officially Supported)
- Excel Spreadsheets (Not officially Supported)
Don’t see your data source on this list? Let us know what you need.
Requirements for the .NET Engine:
- Any version of Windows that can run .NET 4.5.1 works as the operating system. This includes
- Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10)
- Windows Server (2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2)
- No webserver required.
Requirements for the Java Engine:
- Java 1.7 or higher.
- If you are running Java on a Unix system, all fonts used in the templates must be properly purchased and installed for a Unix system.
Requirements for the RESTful Engine:
- Windows operating system (Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012R2, Server 2016)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- The “.NET Framework 4.5.1 Features” with all sub-components
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer (any edition, including Express)
- 4 or more cores
- Microsoft Office installed in a Windows environment (Windows VM’s are supported).
- Office 2007 or higher.
- .NET Framework 4.5.1
- Straight to Printer
Because Windward’s engines can come in either .NET, Java, or RESTful options, Windward’s solution can be used and embedded in just about any programming language. Below we’ve listed their corresponding engines
- Java Engine: Java.NET
- Engine: C#, VB.NET, C++RESTful
- Engine: Any other language
Nope. You do not need to put Microsoft Office on your server.
Windward easily integrates with your existing security structure, allowing for ease of integration and maintenance. You can start working with the product without any additional security setup.
Windward works with your data structure connectivity in much the same way that we work with our file connectivity: we allow you to utilize the existing underlying data security structure you already have in place.
Of course, if more security is required, we have you covered there too!
That depends on exactly what you’d like to test first:
If you want to make your report and template creation process faster, need to make better looking reports, or want to get your programmers out of the design process, then you’ll want to see the power of our Template Design tool AutoTag.
If you’re a developer or systems integrator who needs to integrate a reporting or document generation component into a backend process or software product you’re developing, and want to make sure the Windward Solution is as powerful, and easily integrated, as we say it is, then you’ll want to try out one of our Engines (that also come with a trial of AutoTag.)